This is Kiane Ink’s inaugural poetry contest. The theme is “A Better Today” and the idea is to speak to what “better” looks like now versus “in the future”. Participants are encouraged to speak to this theme in their submissions however they deem. This contest welcomes first-timers and done-it-a-few-time timers. In other words, you do not have to be a professional poet to participate in this contest. We encourage the novice to throw their hat in the ring as well as seasoned writers.
Here the basics:
- The contest starts TONIGHT, January 10th and runs to March 31, 2020.
- The submission fee is only $10 which includes up to 3 poems
- You have to be at least 16 years old to participate
- First prize wins $50 + an interview with Miss Kiane on her FB Live Show #WordsonWednesdays!
- Second prize wins $25 + inclusion in a Kiane Ink 2021 calendar feature!
- Third prize receives acknowledgement on the Kiane Ink website and more!
Submitting your poem(s) is easy! Just click ENTER POETRY CONTEST and find the details of the submission guidelines, the submission form and your payment link. Please share this poetry contest opportunity with ANYONE you think may be interested and let the poetry writing begin!