At Kiane Ink, we believe that there is healing in the pen and through the power of words a life can be changed. Gladys, a single mother of a 9 year old son named Leander, is the recipient family of this past Gathering’s fundraiser. Gladys has been displaced from her home as a result of hurricane Harvey that took place in Houston, TX last year. The journey to recovery is certain, but taxing. Kiane Ink has committed to send inspiring poems, greeting cards and/ or encouraging notes to Gladys and her son over the next 12 months as a way to provide emotional support during their restorative process.
Join Kiane Ink over the next 12 months as we #dotheWRITEthing! Kiane Ink solicits your help in our #dotheWRITEthing campaign for Gladys and Leander. Every month we will collect cards, poems or letters that Kiane Ink will send to Gladys and her son as a source of encouragement. Here is how it works:
- Every month Kiane Ink will put an all call out on its social media platforms (FB, IG, TWITTER & LinkedIn) requesting poems, letters and/or greetings cards for Gladys and Leander. Depending on the month, there may be a theme (i.e. February – Love).
- Poems and letters may be sent electronically to firstname.lastname@example.org with #dotheWRITEthink in the subject. Please include your name in the body of the email. No poems will be used or duplicated for any other reason beside providing to the recipient family. If Kiane Ink or the recipient desires to utilize your work for additional purposes, a written request will be provided. Kiane Ink understands that authors may deny the request for use outside of its original intended use for the recipient family.
- Greeting cards (poems and letters) may be sent to the following address: Kiane Ink Healing in the Pen, LLC P.O. Box 30115 Washington DC 20030
- All submissions should be received by the 25th of the previous month. For example, February’s submission should be received by January 25th. (January’s submissions have already been received).
- Submissions will be screened to ensure, no inappropriate solicitation or content is provided.